Updated: Dec 10, 2018
Traveling is such a great way to unplug and decompress from the day-to-day. While it can fill up our cup, it can also get in Athe way of our physical wellness. Don’t get me wrong, maybe your body truly needs a break. But, if you are trying to stay on track with your movement, I’ve got some great tips for you to do just that while traveling.
6 tips to Stay Active while Traveling
1) Explore via foot or bike. I don’t know about you, but when I travel, I like to see it all. Try heading to a museum or new restaurant by foot. If something is a little outside of walking distance, see if you can rent a bike to get there. Using these modes of transportation not only keep you active, but allow you to see way more of the town or city.
2) Sign up for a fitness or yoga class. You can do a quick Google search to check out what’s around you, use the MINDBODY app, or check out ClassPass. If you are in a city that has ClassPass, I highly recommend signing up for it. It will show you a list of yoga and fitness studios at a fraction of the price - so it’s a nice option for your wallet too! Heads up - ClassPass is an affiliate link, and if you buy something using that link you won't pay a penny more, but Raleigh Group Fitness gets a small commission which helps to keep our business going!
3) Get outdoors- Depending on where you are, you might be able to find some awesome walking trails, biking trails or hikes. You can explore local trails and see where others are getting outside with Hiking Project. This is an awesome way to explore the area while enjoying the fresh air.
4) Find a workout online- There are some amazing apps you can download for a workout. We’ve enjoyed apps like Alo Moves and Asana Rebel. Or, you can head to our YouTube Channel for some quick, free workouts.
5) Try something new! Have you ever been to a climbing gym? How about roller skating or a trampoline park? Use your travel time as an excuse to check out something new with your friends and family!
6) Get enough sleep. This one can be tricky because you might have a full itinerary. However, if you aren’t getting enough sleep, your activity level is going to dramatically decrease (because you’ll be exhausted!). Catch some z’s so that you can make the most of your day.
Trying even one of these tips can be a great way to enhance your travel. You’ll not only feel more energized, but you’ll also experience way more this way. And don’t forget, if you’ve been working really hard before vacation, it’s more than acceptable to rest and recover. Listen to your body and rest if you need to. Sometimes a break is just what we need :) With good intentions,